Effective Tender Writing - An Introduction to Tenders
This training course assists voluntary and public sector organisations with improving the skills and confidence they need in responding to first-stage contracting opportunities.
Staff from public and not-for-profit organisations who are expected to write tenders as part of their job will benefit from attending this course, as well as staff involved in the tendering decision-making on behalf of their organisation.Even those who have already submitted tenders will learn from the theoretical and practical approaches discussed at the course.
For organisations wishing to run a closed course at their own offices, costs are as follows:
- Up to 6 attendees: £1,250 + VAT.
- Up to 10 attendees: £1,850 + VAT.*
The above prices exclude travel expenses (charged at 45p per mile from the Idox offices in Wilmslow, Cheshire), plus overnight expenses (where warranted by the distance involved).
An introductory rate of £245 + VAT per person, which includes lunch and light refreshments during the day and covers the costs of course material.
Next open course dates
Attendees must meet the following requirements:
- Be a representative of an organisation aiming to deliver local or regional services on behalf of statutory agencies including local or health authorities.
- Have previous experience of writing applications for grants.
"The course content covered a lot of useful information which will help us in evaluating opportunities in the future"
Larry Wilson, Your Homes
"The trainer demonstrated extensive knowledge which was very relevant"
Irene Scott, Your Homes
About the course provider
10.00 - Introduction
10.15 - Key principles of successful tendering
10.30 - Difference between procurement and commissioning
11.00 - Break
11.15 - Legal framework: types of tenders, thresholds, categories of contracts
11.40 - Difference between partnering, sub-contracting or leading a tender submission, Benefit statements: practical exercise
12.00 - Group exercise: which tenders are you preparing?
12.30 - Lunch
13.30 - Group exercise: Tender Documents including terms and conditions, scoring and award criteria
14.00 - Decision making: after the PQQ, to bid or not to bid
14.15 - Top tips for pre-qualification and tendering including adding value and positive language
14.30 - Group exercise: Inputs, outputs and outcomes
15.00 - Break
15.15 - Budgeting and planning of tenders
15.45 - Overview of post tender procedures including evaluation of tenders
16.00 - Workshop expectations review & evaluation
- To demystify terminology and tender processes including European call for tenders
- To promote confidence in responding to appropriate tenders
- To improve skills in responding to a first-stage tender invitation
CPD Certification Service
Idox is proud to be a certified member of the CPD Certification Service. This means that the further learning value and structure of our training courses have been approved as conforming to CPD guidelines.
We are committed to ensuring:
- Our marketing information and course material is easy to understand.
- Learning outcomes are specified.
- Our delegates receive follow-on support after the course has taken place.
- High-quality training where the content of the course is always appropriate for the audience.
- Our material is updated to reflect changing needs.