Applying For and Managing European Funding
Idox Information Solutions runs a number of courses designed for people who are applying for funding or managing European projects:
- Effective FP7 Proposal Writing
- Introduction to FP7 Project Management
- Effective Project Impact
- Preparing for Horizon 2020
These bespoke courses can be run at your premises and tailored to the needs of your organisation, whether you are an SME, college, university or other organisation in the public or voluntary and charitable sector.
Effective FP7 Proposal Writing
Our Effective Proposal Writing course is designed to give academics detailed advice on how to write a high-quality EU grant proposal and find the right partners. The course can be tailored to your institution or department's area of FP7 interest.
- Opportunity: FP7 and are you eligible?
- Groundwork: Preparing for an Application
- S&T Section: Advancing the state of the art and clear work plans
- Implementation: Managing good partners and budgets
- Impact: Euro-speaking - how to write the Impact Section Training, coordination and support actions
- Submission and evaluation: EPPS and what do they look for?
- Application checklist and tips
Introduction to FP7 Project Management
Suitable for all university administrators and research managers responsible for implementing a financed project, this course will cover the contractual obligations of managing an EU project as well as the reporting rules and procedures and the EC's expectations on project delivery and evaluation. The course will also provide an introduction to financial management.
- From Proposal to Project Plan: The EC Grant Agreement
- Managing Partners: The Consortium Agreement
- Making Project Reporting Simple
- When Do We Get the Money?: Cash Flow!
- Eligible Costs: Financial Responsibilities
- Who Owns What: Managing Results and IP
- Maximum Impact: Making Dissemination and Exploitation Work for You
- What Next: Lobbying The EC Through Your Project
Effective Project Impact
With appeal to staff who are developing projects and seeking to write effective impact statements, this course will demonstrate how to plan and deliver on impact. It will cover topics such as capturing empirical data to validate the framework (surveys, case studies, etc); as well as how to plan effective exploitation and dissemination strategies.
- Why is Impact important?
- Dissemination and Exploitation
- What are your key messages and who wants to hear them?
- Routes to your target audiences
- IP Management: who owns what and how to protect it
- The Consortium Agreement
- Do I really need "Outreach"
- Exploiting results: who, how and why?
- Using your project as a lobbying tool
Preparing for Horizon 2020
This course concentrates on the areas likely to be covered by the EC's new programme for research and innovation 2014-2020. It will explain how to identify relevant policy drivers, as well as how to identify partners and understand the principles of a good work plan.
- Overview of Horizon 2020: the new research and innovation programme
- Pillar 1: Supporting the Science Base including the European Research Council (€24.6 billion)
- Pillar 2: Industrial leadership in science and innovation (€17.9 billion)
- Pillar 3: Societal Challenges - addressing Europe 2020 priorities (€31.7 billion)
- Europe in the world: Working with International partners
- Simplification: simpler rules for participation
- The roadmap for implementation
- How can you prepare?
£225 + VAT per person
Bespoke courses at client premises:
- One-day course: £2,450 + VAT
- Package of 2 one-day courses: £4,450 + VAT
- Package of 3 one-day courses: £5,950 + VAT
- Package of 4 one-day courses: £6,950 + VAT
Attendees at a course are limited to a maximum of 12.
(Courses as part of a package must take place within a 6-month period and must be paid in full after delivery of the first course.)
About the trainer
Courses are led by Ritchie Head. Ritchie was previously Director of a Regional Contact Point for FP6/7 where he built a team of 5 consultants, in the first 3 years of FP7 they supported over 120 proposals. Prior to this he worked as a Research Manager at TNO in the Netherlands where he was highly successful at winning European grant funding. He has also worked as a researcher for a Biotech SME in Iceland, and as a Research Assistant at two UK Universities on European Commission Framework Programme projects.
Testimonials from previous European courses
"I found a lot of the information useful for ongoing applications. What I enjoyed most about the course was our participation was sought and we were able to relate the exercises to our own projects. Excellent."
- Katie Nial, Funding and Investment Officer, Northampton Borough Council
"Informal and interactive and a potentially 'dry' subject was made interesting."
- Ian Ayres, Business Development Director, Groundwork
CPD Certification Service
Idox Information Solutions is proud to be a certified member of the CPD Certification Service. This means that the further learning value and structure of our training courses have been approved as conforming to CPD guidelines.
We are committed to ensuring:
- Our marketing information and course material is easy to understand.
- Learning outcomes are specified.
- Our delegates receive follow-on support after the course has taken place.
- High-quality training where the content of the course is always appropriate for the audience.
- Our material is updated to reflect changing needs.
If you would like further information, please contact the Training Department on
Tel: 0844 874 0739 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in finding out more?
Contact our Training Department on:
- Tel: 0844 874 0739
- Email: email@example.com